• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback-Adobe Uninstalling Fonts not recently used

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening today, but when I opened a couple of my documents, some of the fonts (Adobe fonts) were showing up in red. On further investigation on Adobe Fonts, I see a note that Adobe has "automatically" uninstalled (not deactivated) some of my fonts that haven't been used recently–what the what??! I don't need them to uninstall my fonts for me! The thing is that it has also uninstalled fonts that I do use nearly every day. I really do not want to have to go through the entire list and click on each one to reinstall hundreds of fonts, especially if this is going to continue to happen. That's ridiculous. Is there a way to turn off this setting so that my fonts don't get uninstalled? 

This is not a helpful service, Adobe. I activated all those fonts because I have either used them in projects or plan to in the future. I would like to not have to go find them all over again. 

My Creative Cloud is up to date, so I am not using an older version or anything. 

Pics attached below. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. Documents I was working on as recently as Friday turn up with fonts deactivated by Monday morning, and will not reactivate, making it impossible to continue working. These are fonts that I use frequently and should not have been deactivated - for example, Bebas Neue, a font I use regularly in multiple files, has been deactivated twice within the last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Sorry to hear your Adobe fonts got uninstalled automatically. Here are few reasons listed which might be the cause of uninstallment of font. Please see this article:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/using/managing-fonts.html#:~:text=You%20can%20quickly%20reinstall%2...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but this is not a way to "quickly" reinstall when 70% of my fonts are now uninstalled. I have to individually click on every single font variant in my list of 500+ fonts. I would like to know how to disable this feature so this does not continue to happen in the future. As I mentioned in my original post, my Creative Cloud app is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need an option to turn this feature off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryalvi

In Adobe creative cloud web page, go to all apps.  A list will appear on the left side of the screen.  Scroll down to fonts.  Click the square box to the right.  That will take you to the front page.  Above your profile pic there is a line that says, Review active fonts, and below your profile pic, it says My Adobe fonts.  Click My Adobe fonts.  There will b a box below that says deactivate all.  Several other settings for reinstalling.

In Creative Cloud desktop.  In the top left corner under File dropdown select Preferences.  This will let you turn on and off fonts or totally disable them.  That is what I wanted.  I have a large selection of fonts so I put mine on and don't have to worry about this anymore.  $10 will buy a large font collection.

I hope this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you show some screenshots of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is very frustrating. Is there a way to TURN OFF this setting so Adobe doesn't automatically deactive fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get Adobe fonts permently off my machine??  I have been working since 6 am.   A little over 11 hours.  I opened a project and had missing fonts.  I have been all day dealing with this.  I nolonger want to fix it.  I want to uninstall all Adobe fonts.  

I have waisted the entire day.  If I had been working, I could have bought a new computer.

NOTE TO ADOBE,  I have been using Adobe since about 1992.  I highly recomend it to everyone but this along with a few other issues are about to become a deal breaker.  I have gotten to old to start learning new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a stupid feature. No more Adobe Fonts for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is honestly so frustrating. Please at least add a "reinstall all" button adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand your frustration and we will make sure to pass on your feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no improvement made for this topic. I have to download every single activated font manually and font by font the third time within a year. Deaktivate this useless feature by default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the status on this issue over a year later? Today I was notified my Adobe fonts were deactivated because of inactivity in my IOS creative cloud app? I use Adobe everyday? Is this some way to force activity and why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm constantly having to hunt down fonts in the Creative Cloud desktop app (which doesn't let you search or filter for the font which was deactivated by Adobe) whenever I switch projects. This is such a waste of time and so frustrating. Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utterly pointless and counterproductive. Sometimes I don't go back to a particular client's files for a few months to a year, as we have hundreds of different clients. Having to reinstall fonts is a waste of time. This "feature" is stupid. If I want to uninstall a font, I'll do it myself. Once again, Adobe fixes a problem that doesn't exist, while ignoring literally hundreds that do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines