• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe web font not working in Safari (desktop or iPhone)

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using some Adobe fonts in a site. They show up perfectly fine in Chrome and Firefox. They do not show in any version of Safari. I'm using  @Import in the CSS for the fonts.

This is the CSS I'm using on an h2:

.date h2 {
font-family: 'korolev', sans-serif;
font-weight: 500;
letter-spacing: 0.1em;
font-size: 650%;
margin: 0;
line-height: 0.8em;
font-style: normal;
}

Is there a trick to getting Adobe web fonts to work in Safari?

TOPICS
Font rendering , Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. What is the version of Safari you're using? Please ensure you are using the updated version of the safari. Would you mind checking the link below & try the steps for safari: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-adding-fonts-website.html#fonts-not-working-in-any-...

You may also check this community link & check if that helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts-discussions/branched-adobe-fonts-not-appearing-on-website...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but since I'm coding a website, I can't ensure every user who is using Safari will have the latest version of the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here! i can't believe it doesn't work well in Safari. it is painfully slow! Adobe should know that is the default browser most Mac/Adobe Creative Suite users are using!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mmrdesigner,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Have you tried the steps mentioned in the link shared above? We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing the same issue. Fonts load fine in Chrome but not in Safari for Mac or iOS. Copied code directly from Adobe project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... and we tried all the steps shown above and verified the propert font weights and styles are referenced, even copied directly from the Adobe project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shawn29900214h2mc,

Thanks for trying the steps. Could you please share the URL where the fonts are not working so we can check directly?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem with a different font not working on Safari. The font works great on Chrome, though. Any luck finding a solution you're open to sharing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with my font here. can't see much helpful solutions around other than checking the safari version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really feeling frustrated that the Adobe Fonts page refuses to load across all browsers I have installed on my machine... Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I tried the CC uninstaller. I've workled on this for 2 days now and its eating into my productivity time. Adobe needs a better solution to this issue and not to just defer us to reference materials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Seems to be a widespread problem. I went through the suggested help links to no avail. This needs to be fixed. Fonts work in all other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tomliv2018,

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please share the screenshot of the issue and the macOS version/ Safari version you're on? 

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatFont extension info in screenshots.

https://share.cleanshot.com/rhfZXP2Z

https://share.cleanshot.com/8fsFK7t4

https://share.cleanshot.com/Nfdbn9zV

MacOS Sonoma 14.0 / Safari 17.0

All other browsers are up to date as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the font Calson Pro which works on all browers but not on safari (mobile / desktop). Capture d’écran 2023-11-07 à 17.12.34.png

Capture d’écran 2023-11-07 à 17.11.30.png

Any guesses?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. What is the version of Safari you're using? Please ensure you are using the updated version of the safari. Could you share the URL of your project where the font is not working so that we could check?

We're here to help.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it doesn't work on every version of safari I tested upon.
The website URL is https://www.la-luck.com.
Fonts seems to load but they don't apply. I cannot figure why exactly. It works on Chrome / Edge / Firefox.

Thanks for your help.
Guillaume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the complete font features worked for me. eg. Semibold, italic,
bold... or any other parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied italic on it and it works! Thanks 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the font Larken which works on all browers but not on safari (mobile / desktop).  Any thoughts how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

@radup19854396

We're sorry to hear about this issue. Could you share the URL of your project where the font is not working so that we can check?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines