• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bold Roboto (700) is not appearing as bold on website

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Typekit Web Project with 300 and 700 weights.

1. The link is enqueued in my WordPress functions.php.
  2. My CSS specifies 700, there are no other weight attributes attributed to this h6 tag,
  3. The Firefox and Chrome inspectors show 700 in the Rules and Computed dialogs,

but the rendered result on the screen is a faux slightly darker version of 300.  See attached screenshot. Any ideas or things I can check? Note I changed the typeface to Proxima Nova and 700 weight worked fine.

roboto-issues.png

TOPICS
Font rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradhigate,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to see the correct weight of the Roboto font on website. We would request you to please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-adding-fonts-website.html and let us know if that helps.

We would also request you to please share the link of your website so that we can check the same at our end. We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

None of those tips in the link apply. I've been using Typekit from the beginning (Jason Santa Maria, etc), so I know how to use it, having 2 dozen sites currently using TypeKit...or Adobe Fonts. Note: in my OP I mentioned trying the same CSS file with Proxima Nova, and it worked fine. If you can show me an example of a website using Roboto 700, I might be able to figure it out (the 300 works fine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for trying the steps. Would you mind sharing a url for the site you are having trouble with me over a private message? We'll investigate at our end. We would also suggest checking on a different browser. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines