Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying the Nobel font for a client

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how I can buy the Nobel font for a client without having to subscribe to Creative Cloud? On the original foundry page it's not for sale. My client doesn't want to have to subscribe to Creative Cloud just for the license to use one font.

Or can someone tell me how I can call someone at Adobe? Cause either I'm blind or they've hidden that option away very thoroughly.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You are correct. The foundry that created the font doesn't directly license it to the public. (By the way, virtually no one sells the fonts themselves. What they sell are licenses to use the fonts!)

However, you can license the whole Nobel font family or individual faces of that family for desktop, web, and/or other purposes from https://store.typenetwork.com/foundry/frerejonestype/fonts/nobel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to contact the foundary and ask if a license is purchasable. Adobe does not resell fonts made by other foundaries.

https://frerejones.com/about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. The foundry that created the font doesn't directly license it to the public. (By the way, virtually no one sells the fonts themselves. What they sell are licenses to use the fonts!)

However, you can license the whole Nobel font family or individual faces of that family for desktop, web, and/or other purposes from https://store.typenetwork.com/foundry/frerejonestype/fonts/nobel.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome answer, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines