• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I purchase an adobe font or license that will allow me to package fonts?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly I can no longer package fonts using my Creative Cloud subscription. However, I need to package specific fonts with my InDesign files so that I can share with a third party that will build templates (postcards, brochures, etc) for my company's use only. Where can I purchase these fonts or the licenses that will allow this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are any number of vendors of fonts. If you want to license any of the Adobe Original fonts (such as Adobe GaramondMyriadMinion, etc.), FontSpring  <https://www.fontspring.com/> is a great source. Fonts.com is excellent for non-Adobe fonts, especially those from the MonoType companies.

Note, however, that although InDesign and Illustrator will allow you to package such fonts for use by others to use when editing your files, you should be aware that the ability to package does not imply that the recipients have a right to use such fonts without they themselves having their own license for those fonts. Most font EULAs (End User License Agreements) do not allow for “lending” fonts in that manner. (The excuse that “everyone does it” has never held up in court and in fact, some font vendors have sued over such misuse of licensed fonts!)

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked on fontspring.com but can't specifically find Poynter Display or Benton Sans. I found them on TypeNetwork, but am worried that those won't collect if I purchase, and I'll be in the same boat as I am with my cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that is not the case. If you license a font and actually install the physical font file on your system, InDesign will package the font. It is only fonts that are used as part of a service that won't package.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines