• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see the externally downloaded fonts in creative clouds

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last week I have been having trouble with fonts I downloaded from dafont, google, etc. They all appear as installed in my creative cloud app but I can't see them when I open Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign.

I tried multiple solutions from the internet like clearing the font cache and changing windows font settings. 

The only thing that seem to temporarely work is to log out of creative cloud, restart the computer and log back in but it only lasts until I turn off the app I was using.

I'm baffled about it and I can't find any new solutions to this problem, so if you can please help me out.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 162421.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beatrice, which operating system are you trying to your fonts with?  If you add the fonts to the operating system, do you still encounter problems utilizing the fonts? 

Finally, what usage restrictions are applied to the fonts you are trying to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows on both my Surface Pro tablet and my computer and I'm encountering this issue on both machines.  I haven't tried installing them to the operating system yet because I have a lot of fonts and so I wanted to find a way around it to fix the issue.  

Also the fonts I have installed are all 100% free for personal and commercial use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Beatrice.  Would you please try using the font with the operating system's built-in font management first? 

If the fonts were made available for free, I would still recommend confirming that no usage restrictions were applied as part of the font creation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey Jeff, 

I installed one of the fonts onto my PC and that font works fine now (the problem is not occurring on my tablet anymore but it's ongoing just on my PC)

Also, just to clarify that the fonts that I am talking about were installed on my creative cloud two years ago and were working fine until a month or so ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines