• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conflict between Adobe Fonts and system fonts

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently used Adobe Fonts to activate a font for a Photoshop design project.

In the meantime, I acquired the OTF font files to integrate into the final app and naturally install them on my system (Windows 10.)

Since then, whenever I try to use the font in Photoshop I get an error: "A font could not be added due to a conflict".

I see this has been observed by others like here, or here, with the only solution being to NOT use a system font, which I find unacceptable...

I tried:

• Deactivating the font: PS activates it again whenever it sees it
  • Deactivating Adobe Fonts in the CC app: PS still lists CC fonts and refuses to list the system font
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the system font after deactivating Adobe Fonts: PS still only lists the CC font.

In the end I might end up just not installing it at system level, but this is a terrible solution. Adobe Fonts should be a hepful tool and in this case it's basically forcing me to chose between it and actual system wide use of a font outside of its scope.

Please add an option to remove a font from my list of active and previously active fonts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?