Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Credits for a serial film

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

We have a counterparty, that made the opening credits for a serial film that we produce for TV and internet broadcast.

The opening credits list all the participants of the film and the font used for this - Futura PT Cond

He has an Adobe subscription and the font is included in his subscription.

Accordingly, the Counterparty transmits to us the finished product, which is shown within our serial film on TV and on the Internet.

Do we need to buy an additional license for the font mentioned above in such a case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding (and I am NOT a lawyer) is that as long as the files your counterparty sent you contain no editable fonts, it is okay for you to use them without purchasing a license as you are not actually acquiring a font file that can be used in other files, but an uneditable rendering of the font.

You should probably have a lawyer experienced in US intellectual property law review the following information to ensure that what you want to do is legal.

https://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-licensing.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/fonts/using/adobe-type-resources-faq.html

I'll move this over to the Adobe Fonts forum, which is a better place for this question. 

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines