• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIN Font and variations

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue finding the right font for a picky customer. 

It's written in the standard for signage to use a font called "DIN Serifenlose Linear  - Antiqua Teil 2".

I dont have this font available and i cannot find it for purchase.  

Instead i used a font called DIN schrift - 1451 mittelschrift. 

My customer tells me this is wrong and demands a propper technical explenation for deviating from the standard. I am pretty sure this is close to being the same font. Cannot be 100% sure since i cannot find a refference to the appearance of "DIN Serifenlose Linear  - Antiqua Teil 2".

Any font experts out there which can help out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to buy the font? Is the problem finding it for sale? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. Cannot find it for purchase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TKAMDAL Did you look through the history information on this page? DIN 1451 - Wikipedia. There appears to be several iterations of the font design. There are some clues on how to find one of the foundries. Let us know what you discover!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer would have to provide the font or a reference to where to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comment from the foundry delivering the font....Seems like the customer is creating the confussion.

Thanks for replies....

at first glance this is not a font we find in our archive - may we ask you to send us the file your customer is using so that we can examine it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines