• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need Suitcase now that Adobe is Auto-Activating Fonts?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use Mac's FontBook. Eventually, I got enough font issues that I got Suitcase. I still had conflicts, but it was easier to manage them. But, I've never been 100% satisfied.

Now that Adobe is Auto-Activating fonts, I wonder if I "need" Suitcase? Is it still going to make my life easier? On top of this is purging 7000+ PS fonts from my ecosystem now that they won't be supported. So, less fonts to deal with.

No programs seem to enable me to hide/remove the long list of non-english-language and other unused fonts anyway.

Opinions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Extensis Suitcase for years but got tired of buying updates and kept having issues. One time all my custom categories disappeared. 8,000 fonts separated into different categories (horror, athletic, headline, fun, fancy, scritpy, etc...) was gone. Yet I was still hesitant to let it go, but once I did, I never looked back. I do miss the feature of creating your own categories, but fat lot of good it did when I lost them. I think it was a better company when they were a local start-up (Portland, OR), once bought out it started losing me. Hope this helps.

P.S. I am however having several font issues exporting from InDesign to an epub format. I wonder if Suitcase would be helpful in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any kind of font management now? I am tempted to just go back to Font Book. 

Extensis does handle Google Fonts now. That is pretty nice.

I can't give any info on the epub export as I never do that. What problem are you having? Maybe I can to a test for you while running Extensis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about losing all your catagories. I hate it when you spend the time to do something like that and it just gets wiped out. Sadness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines