• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe buy fonts from designers? How do I sell a font that I created publicly?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird, I have been Googling this for hours and can't see where Adobe accepts font submissions or find out where the best place is to other than Creative Market. Would really love to submit to Adobe if possible..

Anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Hi elaines52903595,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for your interest in joining our library. Please email at foundry-submissions@adobe.com with this information and our library team will be happy to review it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elaines52903595,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for your interest in joining our library. Please email at foundry-submissions@adobe.com with this information and our library team will be happy to review it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent email to foundry-submissions@adobe.com and wait for 2 weeks with no response....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 
Do you know what the review time is for font submissions, please? I have some variable fonts I would like to put forward for consideration. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 
Do you know what the review time is for font submissions, please? I have some variable fonts I would like to put forward for consideration. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't imagine there is a full time team waiting for submissions. More likely it goes to a department who might consider them at wide intervals. Maybe even a year.  I suspect the system is likely to really expected to deal with established foundries. In any case, even if Adobe accept the fonts you will want an outlet to sell perpetual licenses (because many Adobe Fonts customers "graduate" to full licenses for particular situations). So sort that out first. Your selling record may well be relevant. Look at the big font shops (being sure to distringuish font resellers from font foundries).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeking to do the same... 

I draw. I create.  I want to find out how to license my font works. 
personal info removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Repeating my reply: "even if Adobe accept the fonts you will want an outlet to sell perpetual licenses (because many Adobe Fonts customers "graduate" to full licenses for particular situations). So sort that out first. Your selling record may well be relevant [to Adobe's decisions]. Look at the big font shops (being sure to distringuish font resellers from font foundries)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines