• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading all Adobe fonts to Apple Typeface

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to fonts, so if my idea is a bad one from square one, just tell me.

I'm using a MacBook Pro laptop running the Mojave OS and am subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud. The main software programs I use are Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

After upgrading to Mojave from Sierra, I decided it was time to start learning about fonts, so I purchased a font manager called Typeface from the Apple Store. I then downloaded Google's entire library of fonts.

Now I can conveniently compare the fonts pre-installed on my laptop with Google fonts via Typeface. However, no fonts show up in my Adobe apps (e.g. Photoshop) unless I activate them in Typeface. At least, that's how I think things are supposed to work, and everything appears OK at this point.

Now I'd like to do the same thing with Adobe fonts. Rather than go online and activate one font at a time, I'd like to make all the Adobe fonts visible in Typeface, where I can compare fonts, add notes, and activate and deactivate as I please. The Adobe fonts I see in Typeface would not be visible in my Adobe apps unless I activate them in Typeface.

As I understand, having a couple thousands active fonts would eat up a lot of memory, but if those same fonts are visible in Typeface in deactivated mode, then there shouldn't be a problem.

So here's my question: Is there a way to download the entire library of Adobe fonts, making them 1) visible (but deactivated) in Typeface but 2) not visible in my Adobe apps until I've activated them in Typeface? Alternatively, is there a better way of doing this, or is it a bad idea from the very beginning?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts forum. Thank you for the detailed description of your query, but unfortunately, Adobe fonts cannot be downloaded, they can only be activated or deactivated based on your usage.

For more information, see Typekit Help | Activate fonts on your computer

Let me know if you need more help or information. I am happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts forum. Thank you for the detailed description of your query, but unfortunately, Adobe fonts cannot be downloaded, they can only be activated or deactivated based on your usage.

For more information, see Typekit Help | Activate fonts on your computer

Let me know if you need more help or information. I am happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines