Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated font issues within Windows 10

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem where an AE file is automatically activating Open Sans Semi bold from Adobe fonts.  I already have all the open sans installed locally and so when I open my AE file, all the semi-bold text is resorting to Times New Roman meaning I have to change all the fonts every time I open it.

I've tried resaving the file having specified the local version, then deactivated the open sans in adobe fonts, but whatever I do, when I reopen the issue remains and the font is reactivated.

It appears to be the opensans at the bottom of the list (see attached) that is Adobe one but why is it there and why is it not noted as Semi-bold if that is the one activated?

font issue.png

TOPICS
Offline font , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

AE appears to be looking at Adobe fonts to activate fonts, before searching your system. Have you considered uninstalling Open Sans from your system and just using the Adobe font version of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE appears to be looking at Adobe fonts to activate fonts, before searching your system. Have you considered uninstalling Open Sans from your system and just using the Adobe font version of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's done the trick, thanks.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to stop this in the future.  I'm often using projects from other artists and if I have the fonts on my machine, but they have used Adobe fonts, I'll have to go through this everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines