• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request - Preview a Font's Characters, Glyphs, etc.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you please add more technical information, including the ability to preview a font's full list of characters - similar to the glyph flyout menu?

Also - please improve the search capabilities. Right now, when I need a font, I must first go to OTHER websites like fonts.com to do my research and preview the full character list. When i narrow down my choices, i then go BACK to adobe fonts and i cross my fingers and hope you have what i need. For the amount of money I pay each month, this should not be my experience. 

You need to add more tags and keywords. Currently the function is limited to only searching by font name or foundry. I would like to see a search cabability that i've come to know and expect (i.e. a "Google-like" search). This has been in existance at fonts.com for years, so i am baffled as to why Adobe is lagging behind.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see the same kind of thing, at least an option to view the glyphs contained in each font file. I often go to the MyFonts web site to cross reference fonts I'd like to sync because they have the technical details available. But MyFonts doesn't cover everything carried on the Adobe Fonts service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here for your feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts-discussions/adobe-fonts-is-now-on-uservoice/td-p/12741162

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provided just takes me to the main page. Did my feature request and the upvotes/comments get carried over to this new platform or do I have to start from scratch again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple requests have been made for the Adobe Fonts page to feature a glyphs table (and other technical info) for the fonts hosted on the site. Here's a link from one request I made in the user voice forum a while back:
https://adobefonts.uservoice.com/forums/940222-adobe-fonts-feature-requests-and-feedback/suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A post made in the forums is not and cannot be a feature request. The link tells you where you can raise feature requests. Once you've done this, please return and post a link to your feature request, so that other people can vote for it. Adobe count votes, and this is probably even more important than whether it's a great idea.  HOWEVER...reading the next page I see someone has already done this, so I recommend you add your vote if you agree with the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With as many requests that have been made already at the Adobe Fonts section of the User Voice forum it's kind of surprising a glyphs table hasn't been added already. Such tables are available at other commercial fonts sales sites like MyFonts and even at some free fonts sites like Font Squirrel. When I'm shopping for new fonts I always check out how many glyphs are included in a font file as well as what features are contained (or not) in the font's character sets. Scanning through the glpyhs table can confirm what kinds of alternate characters may be contained or other things like true small capitals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines