• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fira Sans Condensed SemiBold is coming up as "OpenType Type 1.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fira Sans Condensed SemiBold is coming up as "OpenType Type 1." It's creating errors with the printer. They won't allow any type 1 fonts anymore, and we need this design to be approved by the printer for the upcoming issue. I am not sure where else to report this. I looked at the path in Indesign, and it says, "Activated from Adobe Fonts" so it's not our computers...
Anyone know where I can report this to get this fixed?

Thanks!
Sonja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum. I just realized most people might think I mean our office printer device. I mean we have a magazine that gets printed at a printing plant. And they don't allow Type 1 fonts anymore. Sorry for any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone is making a mistake. Opentype Type 1 fonts are not going away. This is the normal kind of font we all use today. What is going away is Type 1 fonts (not OpenType). Your printer should know this! If you can't convince them, find a different one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines