• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font download

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have activated a font in Adobe Fonts. I want to download these to my computer. Is this possible and how can I do this?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Fonts is a service that provides access to fonts for your software. It does not provide you with the font file itself. If your workflow requires access to the font file itself, then Adobe Fonts is not for you. You will need to conventionally license the font via a font foundry / vendor.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fonts is a service that provides access to fonts for your software. It does not provide you with the font file itself. If your workflow requires access to the font file itself, then Adobe Fonts is not for you. You will need to conventionally license the font via a font foundry / vendor.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an, when this is not cleared upfront in clear words by the supporters (like so many things, also after purchase) can I simply leave as it is only 5 days ago....?

What if I find luckily an appropriate font in the Font Foilo by adobe (the Eurostile) can I download there one single font, when I have a siubscritopn with adobe?

I ask, becasue I was told on the phone" you can get all adobe fonts....n so on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Font Folio product is a DVD with all fonts in the Adobe Font Collection as of about nine years ago. It includes no fonts or updates to such subsequently released by Adobe. Eurostile is one such font. However, the Adobe Font Folio is fairly expensive, US$2999.

The Adobe Fonts service provides two classes of fonts, updated versions of the fonts in the Adobe Font Folio that were fonts designed by Adobe (a.k.a., Adobe Originals), plus a large number of fonts sourced from other font foundries with both desktop and web licenses. But these are all served from the web and are not available for you to copy or serve directly from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Adobe fonts to build a professional design system, what worklow wouldn't require access to the font file itself? There are many places the fonts will need to appear that don't live inside of the Adobe ecosystem, design programs, or websites. As a paying subscriber this is extremely frustrating... and clearly many others in the forum are perplexed by this as well. Can you all please change your policy on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workflow with Adobe's applications as well as those from Microsoft, Quark, Corel, etc. work with fonts provided via the Adobe Fonts service as long as your “output” has the fonts embedded, such as PDF. For your web pages, CSS is provided such that fonts are served from Adobe's servers.

The only workflow where this is problematic is if you are sending source files to a printer who is subsequently going to edit content and doesn't themselves have an Adobe Creative Cloud license.

The choice, though, is yours. Nothing prevents you from conventionally licensing the fonts you use and if the license allows, sending the font files with your other assets as necessary.

Note that whereas with the Adobe Fonts service, you don't have access to the font files themselves, the operating system (whether Windows or MacOS certainly has such access and makes same available to all application programs requesting font enumeration and availability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I think your answer needs to be couched in laymans' terms.  I am using Editor X as the platform for building my website. How do I use the fint on my website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines