• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font licence for web

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am designing a website for my client. Does she has to buy the font to be able to update the website in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Your client would indeed need her own Creative Cloud subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#web-client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very wise to buy it, indeed - not reply on anyone's subscription. Ask the client if she is cool with the web site stopping working if she has billing problems with Adobe, or something else goes wrong, or if (unless she is the owner) she leaves her job. I can't imagine anyone making a final commercial site with Adobe Fonts on subscription. Great for prototyping, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a similar situation but cannot find where to legally get hold of a licence for a font which is available to subscribers on Adobe Creative Cloud. Does Adobe sell licences independent of the subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get perpetual desktop licenses, as well as extended licensing, for Adobe-owned fonts from these resellers (as noted here):

Most third-party font foundries sell their fonts on these sites aswell. Try searching for your font name there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines