Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font licencing for logo, web and documents

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am very new to this licensing thing, so I really appreciate the help (and patience) you will show and give.

I am preparing a brandbook for a company. I would like to use the font Myriad Pro as the "official font" for this company. As you probably know, Myriad Pro comes included in my Creative Cloud products.

The use of the font would be (but not limited to):

- Text documents

- Powerpoint presentations

- website

- company logos

I know that this company has several Creative Cloud licenses (and pays thousands of $$ to Adobe for this). I myself have a Creative Cloud license.

So, my question is:

- Do I need to pay a fee for using Myriad Pro in the situations described above?

- Would the company need to pay a fee for using Myriad Pro in their presentations, documents, websites and/or logos?

- Does the fact that I have a Creative Cloud license (and the fact that the company has dozens of those) means that I (and them) are OK to use the fonts, as long as I (or they) keep this Creative Cloud license thing active?

thanks so much for your help.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , FAQ , Purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

This question has been answered many times in this community.

None of the use cases you specify require any additional licenses or royalties of any kind. Note that you can embed the fonts in any EPS and PDF artwork that you produce while you have a Creative Cloud subscription and that you can continue to use those resultant EPS and PDF files even if you should ever discontinue your Creative Cloud subscription(s). However for use in web sites, the Creative Cloud subscription must be maintained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been answered many times in this community.

None of the use cases you specify require any additional licenses or royalties of any kind. Note that you can embed the fonts in any EPS and PDF artwork that you produce while you have a Creative Cloud subscription and that you can continue to use those resultant EPS and PDF files even if you should ever discontinue your Creative Cloud subscription(s). However for use in web sites, the Creative Cloud subscription must be maintained by the owners of the website.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Dov. I did search in the community but even though I found similar questions it didn't feel they were precisely my problem.

I assume that there's a simple typo, and you mean "None of the use cases (...)", and not "Note of the use cases (...)". Now I understand that a Creative Cloud subscription would do. It is clear to me now that a Creative Cloud would cover use of the font in all circumstances, including website. It is also clear to me that for using the font in a website, I must have an active Creative Cloud subscription, and that if/when that subscription is stopped, then the website will use fallback fonts (and not Myriad Pro).

However, I still have a remaining question: assuming another use of the font is for official documents, which are produced by the complete marketing team (5 people). Since any of these 5 people could be creating documents, PDFs or any other material using Myriad Pro, does this mean that *all and each* of these 5 people would need to have a Creative Cloud subscription? Or only one person (the one that does graphic work) would suffice?

Thanks for your patience and support,

Marielle  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, simple typo, now corrected. 🙂

Anyone doing the editing with the fonts must have a subscription, although that subscription doesn't need to be for the entire Creative Cloud; it could be for Acrobat Pro DC or some even less expensive “single applications” in the Creative Cloud.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines