Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font license

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I would like to ask you one question concerning font license.

If I have a outlined text logo ( using Adobe font), can I send it to the client in format AI or EPS?

Ask you, because in question/ answers concerning font Adobe licence I found information that I can send client file in the following formats: PDF, JPEG, or PNG.

But I don't understand why I can't sent in AI format if the logo is outlined 🙂

Here I enclosed the answer which I found:

"Does my client need their own font license to use the designs?

No, not if you are creating graphics or documents that have rasterized or properly embedded font data, such as a PDF, JPEG, or PNG."

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, the enclosed answer which you mentioned is correct. 

"No, not if you are creating graphics or documents that have rasterized or properly embedded font data, such as a PDF, JPEG, or PNG.

However, if your client needs to have the font installed to edit your design, they will need their license, either through a Creative Cloud subscription or as a desktop license purchase."

You might have additional questions regarding licensing which can be explained with the help of below article link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-own

Please let me know if the information provided is helpful. We are here to help you always.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for you answer.

I am very sorry, but from this answer I don't fully understand If I have a outlined text logo ( using Adobe font), can I send it to the client in format AI or EPS?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

For your above question. Yes, you can. You could refer below also:  https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-client

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The case you mentioned is not covered by the answer you quote. This is neither properly embedded font data nor rasterized. This answer though sounds as if it is from the FAQ, not the font license itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines