• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font licensing confusion

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an e-commerce platform and I'm using free Google Fonts and I would like to use some of the web fonts from my CC subscription on the frontend.

My platform has multiple e-commerce frontends - one frontend per brand. 

Where the question is - can I use my CC web fonts to stylize a page if I allow a user to select which font is used to stylize the page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Someotherguy, It's best to consult a legal professional (which I am not) who can advise you on your particular set of circumstances. Consider this: What happens if you no longer subscribe to Creative Cloud and/or if a particular font is no longer available through Adobe fonts? Though you don't explain particulars, I imagine your e-commerce site allows users to add their own text to a product, such as a coffee cup or a tee-shirt. The site provides some type of menu of fonts that they can select from. That font is then applied to the product purchased and delivered. I would want to ensure that the font selection was foolproof for all scenarios. You wouldn't want a case where a user came back to purchase more items, only to find that the font was no longer available. There are a lot of choices with Google fonts. You could also hire someone to create a few custom fonts for you that you wholly own. Here is the page with information about Adobe Font licensing, which may help you further. https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, consider the licensing. If you are making a site for someone else (different company) to manage, it is THEIR Adobe Fonts subscription which must be used; you cannot set up a site for someone else using your subscription... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines