• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font meta data for My Adobe Fonts

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I can obtain the meta data for fonts I'm using via Adobe Fonts. 

If I purchase an individual font and obtain its font file, I can use opentype.js (https://opentype.js.org/font-inspector.html) to get the font meta data such as unitsPerEm and sxHeight (which are useful to set font-size based on the preferred x-height). 

But as far as I can tell, I won't be able to obtain the font file per se if I use Adobe Fonts. 

The font meta data is very useful for pixel-perfect typesetting. I'd like to get hold of it for Adobe Fonts.

Any comments would be welcome. Thank you for reading this.

Best,
Masa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you are asking for the font metrics, not really metadata.

No, Adobe does not provide explicitly provide that information although you could conceivably write software to enumerate currently-available fonts and use operating system services to access the font metrics. Furthermore, since most of the Adobe Fonts are OpenType CFF as opposed to OpenType TTF fonts, the opentype.js software you refer to will not work on the fonts even if you had the font files themselves.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines