Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Font names

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a tall order, but it would be nice if font names were checked a little more closely before being added to the Adobe Library. I've found several fonts that have problems with how they are named and show up in InDesign. Most recently, Chandler42 was giving me grief. I couldn't understand why the regular version wasn't in the font menu. There are 8 styles on the website yet InDesign listed 7. After awhile I found the problem... the regular version is incorrectly named so it isn't grouped with the rest of the styles. The name of the font is "Chandler42Regular Regular". See screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.51.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AuroraPenticton,

We're sorry for the delay in response. I have escalated this to our fonts team and we will get back to you as soon as we hear any updates from them.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Thanks for your feedback here. The names that are displayed come from the font's name table. These values are set by our partner foundries as the preferred family and preferred subfamily name for the font.

Regardless, I've shared your frustration with our team and we will look into ways this can be improved in the future.

Best regards,
Molly

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines