Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not allowed, but I own the font

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preflight panel, I see this error: "font not allowed."

I'm using Museo Slab, which I purchased from MyFonts in 2014 (along with several other Museo typefaces). Adobe has since added Museo to Typekit.

What do I need to do to get Adobe Typekit to let me use my own purchased font? I hope it's a simple fix.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming by Preflight you are talking about the Acrobat Preflight tool to embed fonts. Let us know if this is a wrong guess. This suggests that the font license doesn't allow it to be embedded in a PDF. You should check the original license, to see if that's the case. If it is not supposed to be blocked, see if you can get an updated font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which Preflight Panel are you referring to? @Test Screen Name assumes that you are referring to the Preflight Panel in Acrobat Pro DC. The message ā€œfont not allowedā€ doesn't seem to come from that preflight.

Perhaps you mean the Preflight in InDesign?

We also assume that by Adobe Typekit you really mean the Adobe Fonts service (the Typekit name was abandoned a few years ago). Assuming that you are encountering this issue in InDesign, what happens if you disable use of Adobe Fonts both in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and in InDesign?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov, my apologies! I didn't give enough information to go on.

I'm using InDesign, latest version, on Windows 10 Pro. I'm also using fonts I've purchased, including Museo Slab. I've added those fonts to the Adobe Fonts using my desktop CC app.

When I open a file in InDesign, then open the Preflight Check panel, I see the "Font not allowed" for Museo Slab.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks for the additional information. Ignoring the InDesign Preflight panel for the time being, without activating Museo Slab in Adobe Fonts, does InDesign allow you to add or edit text using the Museo Slab font or does it force a substitute? Assuming that it does allow use of that font, does the text properly display using that font? What about printing or more importantly, PDF export? In the latter case, is the font embedded in the resultant PDF file?

(I am trying to distinguish between a problem just with the Preflight function of InDesign or its entire font-handling subsystem.)

All that having been said, if I were you, I would first totally remove the Museo Sans fonts that you privately added to Adobe Fonts using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application! Totally exit the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. Reboot your system. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and ascertain that the Museo Sans fonts are no longer listed under fonts that you have installed with Adobe Fonts. Install the Museo Sans fonts directly in Windows 10 (i.e., right click on font files and choose Install for All Users). Then ascertain whether the problem still persists.

(And no, you shouldn't have to go through all this, but I am trying to ascertain where the bug is!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dov. I've copied your instructions and will tackle these tasks tomorrow.

By "remove," do you mean do something more than click the Deactivate slider in the CC app?

Thanks!

Marina Michaels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume from your wording that you ā€œadded those fonts to the Adobe Fonts using my desktop CC appā€ by clicking on the f icon on the top row of the Creative Cloud Desktop application and then clicked on the Add fonts to Creative Cloud function on the left side of the window and in the resultant dialog, you dragged or pointed to the font files. If that is the case you simply go back to that Add fonts and click on the ... by the font name and select remove. That is what I mean. 

Otherwise, you should not be activating the Museo Slab font(s) that are available otherwise in Adobe Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines