Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problems

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Please let me manage my own fonts and stop automatically deactivating them for me. I'm a big boy, I can do it myself. Getting fonts back into use has been a mess, especially when trying to use them with non-Adobe applications (i.e. Apple Keynote). I'm constantly having to go to the font website to deactivate/reactivate and sometimes it still doesn't show up for use in my applications.

Any change that a future update will make the automatic deactivation an option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Is someone else using your Creative Cloud account?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, but at some point Adobe began to automatically deactivate fonts that I hadn't used in a while. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/managing-fonts.html

From this page...

If you’re using Adobe fonts in an older version of Creative Cloud or in a third party app, you may notice that Creative Cloud periodically cleans up fonts that you don’t appear to be using.

When Creative Cloud applications haven’t been updated, fonts that have not been used in over 150* days will be uninstalled from your system. However, the fonts will remain in your active fonts list unless you choose to deactivate them.  *Number of days is subject to change

If you’re using updated Creative Cloud apps, you’ll continue to see your active fonts in the font menus of your applications, regardless of how often you use them.

You can quickly reinstall fonts that are no longer in use by clicking the cloud icon next to the font name in the Active Fonts tab. If you have any project files that use uninstalled fonts, you will need to reinstall the fonts before continuing.

This system does not work well, and I have a horrible time getting the fonts to properly re-activate. I'd prefer Adobe just let me handle the font management and not automatically uninstall anything. I manage a lot of projects, and it's not uncommon to revisit some after 150 days. THIS SHOULD BE AN OPTION, NOT AUTOMATIC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines