• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font suddenly unavailable

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font I used in a documetn a few months ago is suddenly no longer available. How am I supposed to work  when the fonts suddenly disappear? The font in question for the job I'm currently trying to work on is ModernoFB Regular. The job is a series of books that all need to look identical. The first book is finished and in print, but now I can't make the rest of the series match. Where did this font go?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud automatically deactivates fonts that you're not using. It is an absolutely TERRIBLE user experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It deactivates fonts you are using, too, which is a real surprise when you're working on a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that it deactivated the font, it's completely missing from the Adobe available font list. It used to be there, because I googled the font name and it came  up with an Adobe cloud page, but it was a 404 page when I clicked the link. Where the heck did the font go? I thought that having these fonts available was supposed to be one of the perks of the whole cloud thing - well it's not a perk if they dissappear. I refuse to buy that font family when I'm paying Adobe monthly and am supposed to be able to use it. It's really frustrating, and will be difficult to explain to my customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderno FB is a Font Bureau font. Font Bureau removed its fonts from the Adobe Fonts service back in May or June. 

See this thread with Dov Isaac's explanation in the Adobe Fonts forum.

Your choice is to try and find a similar font or to purchase a license from Font Bureau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very helpful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I jut discovered the same!! I googled why my font ModernoFB in Adobe is gone. And your question came up.

I have made a CVI for a client 18 month ago with this font....argh...why are they doing this, when I´m paying Adobe monthly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't. It wasn't their choice, it was Font Bureau's choice to pull their fonts from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Adobe
Thank you for reaching out!
Unfortunately I wasn’t aware that font can be withdrawn. Thought it was cleared between Adobe and the fontowner, so this wasn’t possible when you pay a monthly licence.
Best regards
Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines