• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font syncing is very annoying

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two things that annoy me a lot at CC's font syncing.

Getting fonts you like getting deactivated from your account without you being notified.
Sometimes during a search for a good font for a project, I save/sync fonts that I like and that I know I would have use for them in the future. Creative Cloud should not just deactive fonts from my adobe fonts without notifing me. If CC needs more space, then it should ask which fonts I would like to get rid of, not just deactivate ones that are a long time withou using. I like having all my fonts in one place (available inside the programs), to make the searching proccess faster.

Syncing is terribleeeeeeee.

Part of what makes my complain number 1 so bad is how inneficient the font syncing is. It sometimes takes up to three minutes for the font to actually be available/usable inside the programs. And it is very disturbing when you know what font you want to use but you don't have it anymore on your computer because it got dessincronized (without your consent) and it takes ages for it to work again when you reactivate it to your account.

I recently had to use Open Sans on a work (which is a free font provided by Google as well as a Typekit/CC font) and I asked to sync it and waited for a minute. Nothing. Restarted photoshop to see if it would appear. Nothing. Waited for a minute more. Nothing. Searched for the font online, found it on Google fonts, downloaded it, installed it AND IT WAS AVAILABLE TO USE IN PHOTOSHOP BEFORE THE CC SYNCED VERSION. Only after a few minutes more minutes the CC fonts finally appeared.

TOPICS
Activation , Missing feature , Performance , Product issue , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Harshika. I still do. The intent with my post was to tell de developers where they can improve on the typekit app within the CC.

My feedbacks are:
1. Creative Cloud should not just deactive fonts from my adobe fonts without notifing me. If CC needs more space, then it should ask which fonts I would like to get rid of, not just deactivate ones that are a long time withou using. I like having all my fonts in one place (available inside the programs), to make the searching proccess faster.

2. The Font Syncing takes too long. It's not such a big deal when you are first using a font, but when you have to resync a font you once had, that was deactivated without your consent and it takes minutes to do so, it can be infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having this issue again. Font's deactivated without notice or consent. Reinstalling and re-syncing isn't working. It's a massive waste of time. How do I fix this so it stops happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, Acumin VF, Orpheus and Stinger not working in Figma. I need them to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar experience as above

I use a font in Figma - everything works fine. I restart my computer and suddenly the fonts are missing.

Frustrating when you're just trying to get work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some program on your system setting back initial configs. You did not tell us about your system, OS, and version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an HP Envy with Ryzen processor, Windows 10, Version 20H2

Its a recurring issue and wastes a lot of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, Acumin VF, Orpheus and Stinger not working in Figma. I need them to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Khayalethu5CB4,

For the notification part, you'll get the usual notification in Creative Cloud that a few fonts have been removed. When you visit the Adobe Fonts website, there will be a banner that explains: “One of your Font Packs has expired. You can add any of the fonts again from the Previously Active section of My Adobe Fonts.”

Also, it's difficult for us to troubleshoot the issue, but we would like to know if the fonts are working as expected in Adobe apps. Have the fonts been installed for third-party app use in the Creative Cloud Desktop app? If yes, I would recommend you to look for support in the Figma community:https://forum.figma.com/t/figma-not-syncing-adobe-fonts/46209

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun

Thanks for your reply. Fonts are working again for the time being. This moring I had to open the Cloud app before opening Figma for the fonts to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Khayalethu5CB4,

Thanks for your response. We're glad that it worked. Feel free to contact us when you see any issues while working on Adobe Fonts.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines