• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts and Licenses

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am starting a digital selling buisness and need to know about how fonts works. I currently have an all app susbscription and I beleive that includes adobe fonts as well. Am I able to use these fonts in my vector files for sale, and if so is there a license that should be attached with my digital files, and if so again where would I find a copy of that license?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

To be more specific.

For fonts provided by the Adobe Fonts service, you can embed the fonts in PDF and EPS files and distribute the resultant files to your heart's delight, regardless of whether the resultant files are used commercially or not. Note that if you use these fonts in Illustrator or InDesign documents, the recipient would also need to have licences to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to access those fonts when used in Illustrator or InDesign.

For fonts from other vendors or sour

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot give the fonts to anyone. This means, for example, an AI file is useless with the font, except to someone else with the font. But, if you tell users this is the case, you can ensure they know they need a CC license too.

A PDF is different. It can embed fonts, for its own use, and anyone can see it - but not edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be more specific.

For fonts provided by the Adobe Fonts service, you can embed the fonts in PDF and EPS files and distribute the resultant files to your heart's delight, regardless of whether the resultant files are used commercially or not. Note that if you use these fonts in Illustrator or InDesign documents, the recipient would also need to have licences to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to access those fonts when used in Illustrator or InDesign.

For fonts from other vendors or sources, you need to read the EULA (End User License Agreement) very carefully. Many have very strict restrictions as to what you can do with PDF or EPS and for that matter may also require royalties for use in same.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines