• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts appear different on co-workers version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my co-workers have a problem with opening a doucment in Illustrator - some of the fonts are missing and when we open it, we all get different fonts in the document. How do we sync our fonts? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe Illustrator substitutes fonts in when it can't find the one originally used, so at a guess I'd say that the fonts your coworker used aren't installed on your and the other coworkers' computers. Have your coworker make a list of the fonts in use in the files and on their system and make sure the same fonts are installed on yours.

If they are all fonts used through the Creative Cloud/Adobe Fonts, you can use the CC desktop app to see what is active on your system by opening the CC desktop app and clicking Manage fonts in the navigation panel on the lift. That will tell you all the Adobe fonts you have active on your personal system. You can click Browse more fonts at the top right to find the missing fonts if they are accessed through CC.

If you coworker used fonts installed in the Windows font directory, you'll need to copy the files to your own computer. If the fonts are licensed from a foundary, you might also need to get individual licenses from the foundary.

If you're on a Mac, I don't know where font information is stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines