• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts disappearing after updates

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why, when ADOBE updates, my fonts in Illustrator disappear and are no longer in Type Kit? I'm sick and tired of this happening, is there another reliable website I can download my missing fonts?

I've just gotten a new computer after my other one crashed last week 😞 and I'm finding since I re-downloaded my AI and PS apps, there seems to be a lot of fonts missing on my forms and files???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please name some fonts exactly and we may be able to solve the mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kylie,

I’ve moved this thread from “Get Started” to “Adobe Fonts” (formerly TypeKit) for a better response.

Do you mean the fonts were in Adobe Fonts and have been removed from the website or that the fonts have been uninstalled and you need to reinstall them from Adobe Fonts or something else? Please clarify.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you open a document that is missing fonts? 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1. I got a notification/message after the most recent update saying that most of my fonts from Adobe had been disabled and that I can reactivate them by going and selecting them all again. It also said that I now need to reactivate them every 180 days. But some of them have to be reactivated for each time I start illustrator and open a file. It is EXTREMELY annoying and makes me worry that any file I have with adobe fonts will lose access to fonts necessary for the design templates I use. When I go to active fonts, there is a list of my previously activated fonts but in order to enable them, I have to go to each font family page and activate them. This is not user friendly in any way and wastes my time, adding an extra few minutes to every project. I am strongly considering replacing all of my adobe typekit fonts with other fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines