• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not available

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a font several years ago and have been using it on Adobe products.  Now, all of a sudden, that file type is no longer supported.  It is important that I use this font for proper branding of my company.  One possible version is .pfb and the other is .afm.  Creative cloud will not let me add this font so it can be used in other apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff22297756a305,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share the name of the font you're trying to install? Also, as per this article we only add either a TrueType (.ttf) font or an OpenType® (.otf) font.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avenir LT CE 65 Medium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

This font is not available on Adobe fonts site. You can explore the font foundries to get this font. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is not available. That is why I was trying to add it AGAIN from my inventory of licensed fonts. By updating your software to exclude capabilities previously available, you are making Adobe less desirable. Most of what I need to do is possible with Microsoft products. I use Adobe anyway because of some of the advanced features. I have yet to find out what other capabilities have been lost due to your “improvements”.

He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.
-- Ecclesiastes 11:4

Sent from Jeff's iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

More information regarding why we are ending support for Postscript Type 1 fonts can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

You can attempt to convert the font files you have to the OpenType format, but we cannot guarantee the results. Otherwise, Avenir fonts are available directly from the foundry's reseller at myfonts.com.

Best regards,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

I am having the same problem with ITC Tiffany, a Postscript Type 1 font. Are you saying that my entire library of Type 1 fonts will no longer be accessible in Photoshop? It still works in InDesign, but is it only a matter of time before it no longer works there, as well? Do I now have to purchase OTF versions of every font I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Kirk. Type 1 fonts must be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines