• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not working properly in apps

Advocate ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a font manager to install fonts (Extensis Suitcase). I have read XD might have a problem with font managers. I will stop using XD before I bother manually installing fonts into my fonts directory.

When I open an Illustrator file some installed fonts are reported missing in XD. Fonts not reported missing are showing correctly but the font is not in the fonts dropdown menu.

For example I have a font on my system (not Adobe CC font) Proxima Nova. This has the full range of weights. In the Illustrator file fonts are showing as they should. When I open the file in XD most weights of this font are showing but "Light" is missing (for some reason) When I try to replace the missing font the replacement dropdown is greyed out

dv8kiwi_0-1613777755314.png

The fonts that have imported and are showing as they should get the full range of options in the Character pane:

dv8kiwi_2-1613777755212.png

BUT

If I want to use "Proxima Nova" somewhere else that font is missing from the menu:

dv8kiwi_4-1613777755222.png

I have discovered that CC Fonts is automatically activating CC duplicates of the Proxima fonts that are already installed on my system when I open the XD document thus creating a conflict.

This has also been an issue with other apps like InDesign and Illustrator.

How do I stop that happening? (Apart from deactivating the local version) Is there some way to get CC to ignore individual fonts rather than automatically activating them? Or just completely disable automatic activation? If I disable Adobe Fonts completely in CC then it will use the local versions and there is no problem, but of course I would rather not do that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear this. I found a post wherein there is an issue with fonts here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813 for XD.

Would you mind checking the conversation and see if you are experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this is not the problem. It is not avariable width fonts issue. It is happening with some standard OTT fonts, where I have a font installed on the system when there is the same font avaialible in CC fonts. 

It's also happening in other apps, not just XD, such as InDesign. See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/cc-fonts-activation-breaking-some-fonts-which-are-already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines