• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts taking forever to activate

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a fresh install of Adobe CC on a new Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip on Ventura 13.2.1. Prior to installing, I deactivated all fonts from Adobe Fonts. When I opened a document in the latest version of InDesign 2023 and went to activate the fonts, the fonts hang in the CC app per the attached screen shot "Reactivating" and never complete activation.

In case it was a firewall issue, I've had my IT team whitelist every Adobe server per the instructions on the Adobe site and that doesn't resolve the issue. You would think as the CC line of products mature over time, reliability would improve but I find that I spend more time trying to figure out workarounds for Adobe's shortcomings than I do working on paying customer jobs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Welcome to our Community Forum. We are sorry for your difficulties while activating your fonts. To resolve your issue we have an article created, please refer to below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

Please let me know if this helps and how it goes.

We are here to help you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, why do we have to read an article and jump through countless hoops to get the software to do something it's supposed to automatically do? I suggest Adobe find the bug and kill it. We're not paying for do-it-yourself font activation. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Fonts service does not work in a vacuum. All sorts of variables, including ones out of Adobe's control, can affect those fonts. The article Neelamk linked (nearly a year ago) is a useful guide in case anyone needs to trouble shoot issues with Adobe Fonts.

Having to read technical articles or posts from fellow software users in an online forum is just a part of life in using creative software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines