• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Furious about removed font

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent lord knows how many hours on a new personal identity and website design. I pick it up to continue my work and wouldn't you know it, my primary font is gone. Removed from Adobe Fonts with no advance notice. 

Yes, I know all the fine print, it'll stay in projects where I've activated it blah blah blah. But it's useless to me going forward. I need to find a replacement and adjust everything. 

Having the rug pulled out from me and having to either buy the font for hundreds or even $1000+ for personal use and sacrificing the web font workflow sucks tremendously. 

I know you all have a standard disclaimer and FAQ about this stuff but how about some notice that the fonts I have activated are about to up and disappear and if I want to make use of it going forward, I have some steps to take. How hard would that be?

$#@%@$#

JM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Adobe wtf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions on a close alternative? Same has happened to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your missing font was offered from either the Font Bureau or the Carter & Cone font foundaries, it is no longer available through Adobe Fonts because those two foundaries decided to pull all of their fonts from Adobe Fonts. You will need to contact the owning font foundary to license them directly. Dov Isaacs posted an explanation here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?CId...

Note that this was not a decision made by Adobe but by the two font foundaries. Adobe sent emails out warning that this was going to happen over a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines