• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding unwanted language fonts and system fonts from Adobe Applications

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is a big problem and after lots of googling it seems no-one has a good solution. The huge list of ugly system fonts and unwanted language fonts that fill the font selection lists in Adobe Applications slow down the design process and is frustrating.

The best workaround I have found is to use the favourite (star) feature in Adobe programs so that the fonts you actually want come to the top of the list and the tons of other system and foreign language fonts are still listed but at the bottom. The problem with this is that you have to keep favouriting new fonts and there is still that nagging annoyance of loads of fonts showing up that are of no use. 

With Apple's new OS versions you can't delete or even disable foreign language fonts now, so you are stuck having to scroll through them in all the Adobe applications. It is such a frustration for designers across the board and I think Adobe and Apple desperately need to sort this out. Apple should have a feature to turn off fonts from languages you don't use, so they don't clutter up all the software and Adobe could also help by adding a filtering option or preference to hide the unwanted system fonts, or fonts in languages that are not needed.

Another solution would be if Adobe reognised the font collections feature of font book that could be a great way to handle this problem. By only displaying fonts in a certain collection within an Adobe program the designer could set up a collection in font book and just have those fonts visible in their favourite Adobe programs.

Other suggestions have been to use font managers like fontbase etc, but they don't seem to work to hide these language system fonts in Adobe either. If anyone has a better solution to hide language and system fonts that are not needed by the designer inside Adobe software I would love to hear it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more - Its very frustrating to have a long list of fonts to scroll past because they are COMPLETELY useless in a design application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

@Supergraphic

We're sorry for the delay. Could you please tell us which Adobe app you're referring to? If it's related to all Adobe apps then I would like to inform you that you, try Selecting the "F" icon in the upper right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop to view the font management panel. From there, you can quickly remove fonts you no longer need, add fonts you've not used in Creative Cloud lately, or access your previously added fonts to view what you've added in the past.

check this link for more info- https://adobe.ly/3HLGUJa and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines