• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find math / equation fonts?

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...from Adobe fonts? (Fonts including those funny Greek mathematical signs / fonts).

Or from some other place?

Thank's!

Johnny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to first check with whatever program or plug-in you are using to cerate mathematical expressions and equations. They often have very specific requirements as to particular fonts that they are designed to work with.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, indeed: I'm doing a schoolbook of fysics in Mac InDesign, and I'm getting the content in Word with Mathtype equations. I know Mathtype equations comes converted like pictures when placing the text in InDesign. One good 3rd party addition is to use MathTools (not Mathtype) which gives the possibility to bring the Word / Mathtype text and equations to InDesign as fonts.

In Mac the Mathtype is a bit problem, but at the moment a good choice would propably be Mathtools (maybe have to get them both when starting to do the actual book. Now I'm doing the layouts). I got Mathtype trial, and Word text converted through MathTools (don't have the MathTools yet, and they don't have the trial yet).

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines