We have recently updated our creative cloud applications to the most current versions. We also have updated our mac operating system to Mohave.
We have one computer out of three that is having issues with the adobe typekit activated fonts.
This computer is randomly dropping the agenda font we have activated in typekit when in InDesign. This is the only font we have activated.
We have three total computers with the agenda font active through the Typekit. Only one is having the issue.
The entire font family for agenda is active (54) total
During the 8 hour period we have seen it drop from the original 54 to 49 to 36 to 11. This is in idesign. Yet the creative cloud typekit shows all 54 active.
Actions and steps we have tried:
- Closing Indesign
- Deactivating the font
- Reactivating the font
- Restarting InDesign
This worked for a time and then we started to see them drop once more.
Actions taken this time:
- Signed out of the InDesign session
- Closed InDesign
- Deactivated Font
- Reactivated font
- Restarted InDesign
- Signed into session
This has seemed to help for the time being.
We believe it could be a syncing issue within InDeisgn and CC where they are not staying synced during the session.
We are hoping someone will have a solution to this issue.
We have been on Creative Cloud for a couple of years and hadn't seen this issue until today.
Same situation – Creative Cloud shows all the fonts as being active, but Indesign cannot see them (in our case the font was Trade Gothic Next).
Clicking on 'Manage fonts' in the Creative Cloud app and then deactivating-reactivating the fonts on the fonts.adobe.com page has worked so far.
Thanks a lot both of you for reaching out and sharing your observations. As per your query, InDesign is not recognizing fonts which are already shown active in Creative Cloud. Do let us know if you see this issue again.
You could also try the steps shared on this similar discussionInDesign 2019 doesn't recognize installed fonts after upgrading to Windows 10 and let us know if that helps.
It has happened again today to two of us. Different fonts today, but the same thing happens.
The fonts are shown as missing when the file is opened, but they are still active when we check them.
Deactivate then reactivate through 'Manage fonts' gets them working again.
It IS an InDesign issue, so far at least – the issue has only appeared when using InDesign.
We haven't seen any sign of it happening in Photoshop or Illustrator yet, but next time it happens in InDesign I will check to see if other apps can see the fonts.
This is of no help to me as we are mac based now windows. The fonts are installed using the creative cloud and not on our actual system. I am still looking for a solution that does not require us to log out, log in, deactivate and reactivate every time we have to do something.
This only appears to be happening in InDesign.
InDesign drops the fonts even though the cloud is showing them activated.
Again I am curious if this is a syncing issue as only ONE out of THREE computers is having this issue.
Moved to Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit).
It's in your court, sorry!
This is NOT an InDesign issue.
It's an issue with the way Adobe Fonts are working, NOT InDesign.
I am having this same issue frequently since upgrading to InDesign 2020 for the Mac. It is frustrating because it happens with the same three fonts, Futura Condensed Medium, Helvetica Light, and Helvetica Oblique.
As of right now we are stable. Here is what we did.
Go into Indesign: Log out of your creative cloud session through indesign.
Shut down InDesign
Go into creative cloud and manage fonts
restart Indesign and log back in to create a new and fresh session
This has held for now and the fonts seem to be working.
Will let the post know if that changes.
I've been experiencing this same issue, and it happens every time I open InDesign. Spending 30 min going through all of the troubleshoot steps EVERY TIME I start work has been an incredibly irritating user experience.
We are extremely sorry to hear about this. As per your query, Adobe fonts are not working properly in InDesign and you have to troubleshoot them every time before starting your work. That's definitely not usual behavior. Let us make this right for you. Would you mind sharing a few more details like: