Is it legal to split profits on work that use licensed fonts within it?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wanna use this font that is able to be used for commercial use on my artwork, but is it legal for another company to also earn profits from my work with that font on it as long as they also have the rights to use that font?

I'll give an example, if I was doing spec work and included the blackoak font on my work, would they be able to earn money off my work as long as they also have the liscen/rights to use that font too? I ask this because I make digital items for a game and have included the blackoak font on it, if it gets accepted by the company, me and said company will be splitting revenue. The company has already used this font on their offical work before but with how much legal jargen there is about fonts I'm unsure if its allowed.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harvey5FD2,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would recommend you, please check out our Font Licensing article which might help you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Troubleshooting
Feedback & Suggestions
Fonts Licensing