• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for this font from an old cover of The Mote in God's Eye

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what this font is called? It's similar to Biko Black, Penruropa, or Condell, but none of those have the slanted sides on some letters. 

1903886.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of books have font information in the front matter, often on the pages listing publisher information, etc. If this one didn't (and I can't access my copy at the moment), you can try cropping that picture to just the title and then using the search bar on the fonts.adobe.com front page, as it lets you upload an image and will search based on that. 

It's possible that the glyph for the letter M was a one-off, though, and it might not exist in any font at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font looks familiar from SF books of the time, though I couldn't lay hands on an example. But this book is from 1978 or earlier, and 40 years ago it probably wasn't computer typeset; typesetting machines concerned themselves with body type at that time, so far as I know, and DTP hadn't been invented. Might have been letraset. Might have been hand drafted. I agree the M in particular may have been hand made; it would look pretty weird set other than start of line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm trying to find it express for a sci-fi cover. I'm making a novelty covert for a sci-fi short story a friend wrote and he's a huge fan of sci-fi from the 60s-80s, so I thought it'd be a cool homage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines