• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

make active fonts available to other users

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our corporation purchased multiple Creative Cloud licenses. Is it possible to grant access to specific users to have access to the active fonts within a user group? This would be useful so that all the users within a group can have access to the same set of active fonts for the multiple projects that the team may be working on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that it would be a helpful feature. Unfortunately, this is not possible as of now.

• Currently, each account with Adobe Fonts has to activate the fonts for that account. We don’t have any admin features to share or send a group of fonts to users.
  • All users that wish to use Adobe Fonts will need a Creative Cloud subscription.

I will make sure that the feedback is forwarded to the team for improvements in the future.

Please let me know if you've any i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that it would be a helpful feature. Unfortunately, this is not possible as of now.

• Currently, each account with Adobe Fonts has to activate the fonts for that account. We don’t have any admin features to share or send a group of fonts to users.
  • All users that wish to use Adobe Fonts will need a Creative Cloud subscription.

I will make sure that the feedback is forwarded to the team for improvements in the future.

Please let me know if you've any issues with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to give my two cents worth on this.  He have a half dozen editors working with each having an individial CC license and they do not know which fonts are used or not.  CC NEEDS TO SHARE A RECOMMENDED FONT LIST WITH OTHER CC USERS. 

My activated list should have a share button so I can share with another CC user so they can activate. Otherwise they get a project file with a missing font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching and waiting (not very patiently) for this feature.  Really frustrating if you have a team of creatives working (all have CC licenses) and can't share fonts!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this would be a great feature to have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our marketing department is in dire need of a feature like this to have Creative Cloud fonts shared over users in Adobe Teams. I'm baffled Adobe hasn't designed with this in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I'm not sure I fully understand your request, but I may have something that can help you if your organization uses an Enterprise plan for Creative Cloud.

Last year we introduced the custom fonts feature. This allows an Enterprise admin to upload fonts to Creative Cloud and then assign those fonts to product profiles that they define. The user would simply need to log into the Creative Cloud desktop app to be given access to the font.

If you're interested, you can find more information here. I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Molly,

So for clarification, our Marketing department has a font manager than can sync fonts between users that aren't Adobe Creative Cloud fonts. We have to individually activate CC fonts through Adobe.com for each user instead of having a simplified method of activating fonts for an entire team because Adobe.com fonts are encrypted so our font manager can't sync Adobe CC fonts in specific. There's no sync option for Adobe CC fonts between team members and it's hampering the speed of our Marketing department when they have to work on the same file as one another.

Sincerely,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for clarifying. While I don't have a specific solution for you, I'm curious if your marketing team is working on files using CC software? Programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign should auto-activate any missing fonts that are available from the Adobe Fonts library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Molly,

Our Marketing team is using those programs in conjunction with CC. This is the first time I'm hearing this, so do they activate upon detection by default or do you need to turn on that feature in preferences? This doesn't seem to happen for our team members and they've each had to activate fonts others have used when collaborating.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this article that explains that auto-activation is turned off by default in InDesign and how to turn it on:
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/using-fonts.html

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Molly, you might just be a life saver! I'll give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright Molly, it seems this works for Illustrator and InDesign! These are ones that we absolutely needed to sync between team members so I'm happy to say this solves our issue!

Thank you for all the help,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray! This makes my Monday so I'm glad you're happy, too 🙂

Best,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Molly! I want to make sure I'm understanding this thread correctly. So you're saying the CC is connected across users within an organization through Adobe Fonts, is that right? Like if our graphic designer uploads a font to CC and then the rest of the team within our org's license enables auto-activation, the InDesign page would find the font the graphic designer uploaded to Adobe Fonts and automatically activate it so no one is missing that font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are activated when they are needed. So someone has to choose to use the font, then anyone working on the same file would auto-activate. CC has over 5000 fonts, so activating everything for everyone would be unpopular.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes a lot of sense -- thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines