• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mrs Eaves XL Serif Nar OT Heavy - kerning

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have a problem with the kerning of Mrs Eaves XL Serif Nar Heavy. The 'r' and 'v', and 'r' and 'y' touch eachother and I don't think this looks good. I can add letter-spacing to the web page but this means a lot of manual work and is not a good idea from a maintenance point of view. Is there any global setting that I can apply?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alisonnnnn,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. Could you please share the screenshot or a URL where we can see it live? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishika

Here are two screenshots, one where I've kerned manually in the code (Everyone-kerned.png):

<h1>Eve<span class="kerning">ry</span>one dese<span class="kerning">rv</span>es a good sto<span class="kerning">ry</span></h1>

and one that's not been kerned (Everyone-not-kerned.png).

Many thanks, Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Sorry for mis-spelling your name!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alisonnnnn ,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. I checked with the team and after testing at their end they confirmed that this is working as designed.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Could you ask if there's any global setting that I can apply e.g. to the CSS file? It looks wrong to me as some of the letters are touching without kerning and they're not ligatures.

Thanks, Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alison,

I am checking with the team for any global setting and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines