• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nimbus Sans Condensed Bold not available

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a few brochures for print last year and the headline font was NimbusSansCondensed Bold. I recall (hopefully correctly) that I used typekit for the font. Is it retired - because it is not available  anymore? I paid for typekit, used the font and now I have to go buy the font again elsewhere to make edits? Can someone clarify please

thanks in advance

Mokani

TOPICS
Missing feature , Missing font , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mokani,

Thank you for reaching out. I have checked at my end on windows and i am able to see the fonts. Please see the attached screenshot below:

Nimbus.png

Would you mind confirming if you have paid Typekit subscription or free? We would also suggest checking the same font on any other machine.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

thank you for responding.

I have a subscription Creative Cloud All Apps, Annual plan, paid monthly (ongoing for many years). I use only one apple mac so the work was not generated elsewhere. The fonts in the screengrab above are also available to me but they are very different to the one I used last year. The line lenghts are much longer now. All my documents reflowed when I tried the fonts available on typekit this week. The only solution I could find in time for my deadline was to buy again buy from a supplier and I had to pay another £30 for a license (uk). Here is a screen grab to show the difference between Nimbus Sans Condensed Bold (top row) and Nimbus Sans Cond L (bottom row). They are really different except the names.Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 18.35.15.png

thanks for looking into this for me

Moira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. I've been using Nimbus Sans Cond Bold through typekit and realized it doesn't seem available anymore.  Now the font on typekit (Nimbus Sans Cond L Bold) looks very different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-02-14 15.35.00.jpgI am having the same issue with Nimbus Sans Cond Black which is not displaying as Black but as Bold. What I actiavted online isn't what's displaying on screen in Illustrator or Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might seem weird but trying using Nimbus Sans Condensed Black as a replacement - there's a chance that it may display as Bold (I'm saying that because it's actually happening with me). I know this isn't the proper solution but maybe it helps as a short term work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and switching weights doesn't help. It's just not the same font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that, adobe didn't help me at all, I hope they help you. I
had to buy the font again elsewhere (at my own expense) otherwise I
couldn't have matched the headlines in my brochure which, was on a re-run
with a few amends. I wasted so much time and energy on this... and Adobe
just ignored my problem.

Best of luck
Love to hear if they help you
Moira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NimbusSansCond L and NimbusSansCon may have similar names, but they aren't the same fonts. At. All. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. So annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think one of the problems is the Nimbus Sans type family avaiable via Adobe Fonts is a limited selection of 15 fonts. Maybe the selection of styles has been shuffled up a bit.

The Nimbus Sans family from URW has a lot more styles. It's a visual "clone" of the Helvetica and Helvetica Neue typefaces, which have dozens of styles. The various "D," "T," "L," "P" and other letters after the Nimbus Sans name hint at the style of Helvetica being copied, be it the 1957 cut, the 1983 Neue cut, Helvetica Inserat, etc. I've seen some of these fonts included in sign making apps. The old Deneba Canvas app had a huge collection of URW fonts, including more than 80 Nimbus Sans font files (yet I don't think that was a complete selection of Nimbus Sans).

Monotype bought the URW type foundry in 2020. I don't know if that is a factor on why some styles of Nimbus Sans available via Adobe Fonts has changed since the Typekit days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a project in Premiere that I needed to make adjustments to, and I'm having the same issue. The original font was NimbusSansCon Bold. The new one, NimbusSansCond L Bold isn't even close. 

Why do you do this to your users, Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rebuy the font seperately (elsewhere) at extra cost and was
ignored by adobe ... Quite a few of us have been effected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines