Open Sans: difference between Google Fonts and Adobe Fonts?

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are 13 font types of Open Sans in the Adobe library (3 of them of the Condensed family): 

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/open-sans

... vs. (12 fonts in) Google:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans

But e.g. is the style "Regular" / "Regular 400" exactly the same (using it in print publications) and therefore does it not matter which one I use?

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Font rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mycc,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. I have shared your question with our Fonts team so that I can give you the right information. The team is on vacation. Hence, please expect a delay in response. 

I will make sure to get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team.

I really appreciate your patience.

Happy New Year in advance. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience, mycc. Here is the answer to your question-

As to the discrepancy in the number of fonts listed (13 vs 12): we include the 3 “Condensed” in the main “Open Sans” family, while Google does not include those, and Google includes 2 “Medium” (upright & italic) that we do not include in our listing.

About whether our “Regular” is exactly the same as Google’s “Regular 400” —our team is investigating on this one if there is a discrepency.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Troubleshooting
Feedback & Suggestions
Fonts Licensing