• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pacifico font upper case L is different in Photoshop than it is in Adobe Express

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Pacifico regular font in Adobe Express and like it for my application so I wanted to use it in Photoshop too, I downloaded the font from dafont.com, installed it on my PC and it works just fine except I nothicd the uppercase L is differnet and of course the style I prefer is what I see in Adobe Express.

Any ideas on why this is and if there is a remedy?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Sometimes fonts are redesigned over time. I might normally suggest contacting the font maker, but here we find a tragedy. Vernon Adams, who designed many fonts for Google Fonts, sadly died around 2016. (#sansoxygen | vernon adams) [fundraiser for his family included]

Looking deeper, therefore, I think that the font was probably revised after the download provided by dafont.com. The font (at least, one weight of it) found on Google Fonts seems to have the "L" you wanted. Google Fonts allow downlo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example

Dave27521210gnqa_2-1670771176191.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes fonts are redesigned over time. I might normally suggest contacting the font maker, but here we find a tragedy. Vernon Adams, who designed many fonts for Google Fonts, sadly died around 2016. (#sansoxygen | vernon adams) [fundraiser for his family included]

Looking deeper, therefore, I think that the font was probably revised after the download provided by dafont.com. The font (at least, one weight of it) found on Google Fonts seems to have the "L" you wanted. Google Fonts allow downloads, unlike Adobe Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry to hear the sad news about Vernon, he was clearly a very talented man. You are correct, I downloaded the Google version of the font and it's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines