• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add Mrs Eaves (Latin + Central European) so it can be used for Central European texts

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mrs Eaves is a great font, but two essential glyphs are not available in the Latin version. Because of only these two missing glyphs, we cannot use Mrs Eaves. There is a Central European version, but it is not included in Adobe Fonts. The CE font on Emigre's website: https://www.emigre.com/Fonts/Mrs-Eaves-CE

Is it possible to include the Central European font in Adobe Fonts?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. You can install the fonts on your computer for use in Adobe apps. It's not required that the fonts be in Adobe Fonts. Please check out this article: https://www.fontspring.com/support/installing which explains how to install fonts manually. Please let us know if that helps. Also, you can request any additional feature through https://adobefonts.uservoice.com/forums/940222-adobe-fonts-feature-requests-and-feedback.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Neelamk 

Thank you for your answer, I uploaded a request for the CE font variant in the link you provided. 

We know that it is possible to use our own fonts as well, however we would like to be able to access the 2 glyphs (ő ű) that is essential in Hungarian, without purchasing the CE version separately. Mrs Eaves Latin, which is included in our Creative Cloud subscription has every other glyph, and it would be wonderful if we could access the Central European version from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps the best answer to your question – although not that satisfactory – is that you should contact Mrs Eaves designer Zuzana Licko and the team at Emigre Fonts directly. Emigre decides which of their typefaces they want to have available for use on Adobe Fonts, rather than Adobe.

You may notice the selection of typefaces that appear on Adobe Fonts is constantly changing. The reason: independent typefoundries choose which of their typefaces will be available on the system, and which typefaces that you need to license directly. For every typefoundry, this is a very specific and individual choice. Some foundries make everything available on Adobe Fonts; others a selection; some foundries prefer that you only deal with them directly.

A number of my colleagues run the independent foundries that offer typefaces on Adobe Fonts. They’ve told me of their need to have to balance between the advantages of widespread availability, and the ability to provide their direct customers with customized typefaces and licensing terms. Adobe Fonts’ licensing terms are convenient and consistent for Creative Cloud subscribers, but typefoundries have to cater to a much wider range of customers.

The best way to think of Adobe Fonts is as the full collection of the Adobe Type Group’s own original typefaces, combined with select typefaces from other typefoundries. Emigre have made a choice to only make their Latin (i.e. Western European) fonts available on Adobe Fonts; if you want to use their Central European, Greek, Cyrillic, and Vietnamese fonts, you’ll probably have to license them directly from Emigre.

If you’d like to see Emigre make their Central European fonts directly available on Adobe Fonts, I’d recommend giving them a call (+1 530 756 2900, California Time) or sending them an email (info@emigre.com). The worst they can say is ‘No.’ But not making Mrs Eaves and other Central European fonts available on Adobe Fonts may just be an oversight, and your direct request may change that.

I hope that answers your question. If not, please let me know.

Best regards

ANDREW KEITH STRAUSS / ACTP / CTT+ / ACI / ACE / ACP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines