• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems in activating a font

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having trouble installing the Fira Sans font. I activated two sources: Lora and Fira Sans.
With the Lora font I didn't have any problems, but with the Fira Sans font, I don't understand why it's not activated. I enabled both fonts in Adobe Fonts, as you can see.

zezaB839_0-1634237713835.png

zezaB839_1-1634237734752.png

And I also checked Creative Cloud, and both are active:

zezaB839_2-1634237839309.png

But in InDesign 2021, the Fira Sans font doesn't work. The Lora font works perfectly.

zezaB839_3-1634237872456.png

What will I be doing wrong?
Can you help me?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zezaB839,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would like to know if you've experiencing this issue with InDesign only or also with other Adobe apps.

I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in InDesign 2021. Just updated to versio 17.0.1 as had the same issue in the previoud version and thought an update would fix it. But it didnt.

I would usually go to Adobe Fonts to activate a font. It shows activated there, but when I go to my InDesign there are no new active fonts. 

When trying to activate them from the search tab - Find more - it just stays stuck at the activating icon, and doesn't want to become active/available.

NN_IZ_0-1637151471779.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanted to add, I am having the same trouble with the same font, Fira Sans Regular. Shows active in Adobe Fonts, is missing in InDesign, I'm on a PC running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jgubbin,

do you still see the issue after you did an update to InDesign 17.2.1 ?

Could have been a bug with earlier versions of InDesign 2022.

Should be fixed now with an update to version 17.2.1.

More details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

If you still see the issue after an update to 17.2.1 trash your InDesign cache and preferences when InDesign is not running and restart the machine. To find the appropriate Version 17.0 folders see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Laubender,

Thank you, the font is working great with the new 17.2.1 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines