• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Myriad Pro

Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10/64, Core i7 3.5,  16g ram,  Nvidia 990 GTX deluxe video card, Windows, InDesign and Extensis Fusion up to date

I use Myriad Pro extensively in my documents and have the font activated in Adobe Fonts. I also have the font loaded into Extensis Fusion from an ancient Adobe disk with. The Fusion InDesign plugin activated.

I am working on a small catalog, eight pages. Probably every fifteen or twenty minutes I get an error message that one or more of the Myriad Pro fonts is missing and InDesign has substituted the default font. I click skip and go to the Adobe Font listing in Fusion and activate all in Myriad Pro and the problem goes away for a while, but always re-occurs.  It also appears that plcing a an image will precipitate the error. Those error messages are not exclusive to the catalog file, they also pop up on other InDesign files.

I will greatly appreciate any help on addressing this isssue.

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Choose which version of the Myriad Pro font you want or need to use. If it is the font you licensed locally and have installed via Extensis Fusion, then deactivate the font with Adobe Fonts.

Fonts actually have versions and I suspect that the Adobe Fonts service is serving out a newer version of Myriad Pro than what you have. When InDesign finds inconsistent versions (i.e., what you created the document with is different than what is installed) you are likely to have conflicts that may not act

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose which version of the Myriad Pro font you want or need to use. If it is the font you licensed locally and have installed via Extensis Fusion, then deactivate the font with Adobe Fonts.

Fonts actually have versions and I suspect that the Adobe Fonts service is serving out a newer version of Myriad Pro than what you have. When InDesign finds inconsistent versions (i.e., what you created the document with is different than what is installed) you are likely to have conflicts that may not actually give the actual issue in the error message.

Choose which Myriad Pro fonts you want and deactivate or  uninstall the others.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dov,

Thanks for your advice, Since the files in Fusion are older than dirt, I think I will opt to dump them since the Adobe version has extended versions and the old collection does not. It may take some time to weed the old ones our, but in the long run, I believe it will be worth it.

Thanks again for your help,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines