• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxima Nova JS loading, but it's not in my Web Project!?!?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm seeing some strange behavior I can't explain.

I have a Web Project font kit that's loading fonts for Roboto, Bebas Neue Pro, and Merriweather.
However, I noticed in my browser's dev tools that the rendered page has the following on the html element:

<html lang="en" class="wf-proximanova-n7-active wf-proximanova-i7-active wf-proximanova-n4-active wf-proximanova-i4-active wf-active">

I know the wf-... classes are for managing fallbacks and are a way to manage FOUT issues.

What I don't understand at all is why it says "proximanova" in it when I'm not using that font at all.
Can someone shed some light on why it's loading a JS file for proxima nova fonts that I haven't requested and I'm not using? I'm a stickler for web performance and don't want to be loading anything that's not necessary — like Proxima Nova font that's not used at all.

I would include a link but I don't want it to inadvertenly start showing in google search results. Not sure how those work in this forum. If someone can confirm they're not indexed I'll gladly supply a link to a page that has the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Billy Hill 

TOPICS
Font rendering , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BillyHill You don't need to provide a link to a published website, but having the HTML file will be helpful for us to debug or see what you are seeing. I would want to see the embed code you are using as well. If you don't mind sending me more details, you can send a private message to me if you want to keep the details private.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BillyHill I see an email has already been sent with more details. I will reference that, sorry I did not see it first 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BillyHill I have referenced the website you provided via email and have found that a chat script included in the website is making a call to another project hosted through our service. Please see the network tab screenshots I have included. The second screenshot details the Request Initiator Chain. I suggest your team discuss with your chat vendor if this is a problem for your site and load speeds.

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 4.43.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-11 at 4.44.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much pzula!
That's exactly what I was looking for when trying to trace it back. Apparently neither Safari or Firefox show those exact details like Chrome does (which I didn't think to check with). 
Very useful to know. I hope this post helps other troubleshoot any mystery font loading they may encounter.

Thanks again, you rock!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines