• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re Type 1 fonts.

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to prepare for the phasing out of Type 1 fonts.
I subscribe to the Adobe Creative Suite. I use a font from one of your fonts "Caecilia" that is listed as a Type 1 font . Will Adobe be converting their own Type 1 fonts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BeKind,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would request you to please see this article which will give you the complete information.

Please let us know if you need further help.

We're happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I subscribe to the Adobe Creative Suite." I assume you mean Adobe Creative Cloud, because you can't subscribe to Adobe Creative Suite (it was not a subscription product).

"I use a font from one of your fonts "Caecilia"" I don't work for Adobe, but I can tell you that Caecilia is not a font made by Adobe. It's made by Monotype I think. It is, however, included in the Adobe Fonts subscription, so it's easy to assume Adobe made it.

"that is listed as a Type 1 font "  There are no type 1 fonts in the Adobe Fonts subscription. But you may have an older font, or you might be using an app that reports misleading info. Please let us know exactly where you see it is a type 1 font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct "Adobe Creative Cloud". 

On the Adobe fonts page  "PMN Caecilia" is listed as "from Monotype"

When I open  Indesign documents where it's used I have been getting the usual  warning triangle with an exclamation point.  "PostScript Type 1 fonts end of support"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I think I understand. Almost unbelievably, this seems to be an InDesign bug. Yes, Adobe's programmers don't know how to properly check for type 1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines