• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SignPainter HouseScript No Longer Available?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a project that I heavily use "Sing Painter HouseScript" as headers, and I go to open the project today, and it is no where to be found on typekit. 

Are there fonts that are disappearing on typekit? If so, this is super frustrating as I have been an advocate for typekit amongst my peers, and I will no longer be able to use typekit as a trustworthy resource if one day my fonts are no longer available... 

Just a little feedback and an explanation would be great. Thanks! 

Signed,  "frustrated designer"

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

As of March 5, House Industries typefaces have been retired from Adobe Fonts (also see their FAQ):

https://twitter.com/houseindustries/status/1235684304149262344
https://twitter.com/houseindustries/status/1235685198508879872

You can also buy the font from their website directly:
https://houseind.com/hi/sign-painter-house-script

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of March 5, House Industries typefaces have been retired from Adobe Fonts (also see their FAQ):

https://twitter.com/houseindustries/status/1235684304149262344
https://twitter.com/houseindustries/status/1235685198508879872

You can also buy the font from their website directly:
https://houseind.com/hi/sign-painter-house-script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more legally precise, you can buy a license for the font from House Industries' website. You cannot buy the font itself, only a license to use it.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! I have worded it wrongly, sorry 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, what was Typekit is now Adobe Fonts.

In terms of the why of fonts disappearing, simply stated, if a font foundry decides to no longer license a font to Adobe for use in Adobe Fonts, there is nothing that Adobe can do about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Isaacs, 

I used this font for a logo, years ago, and downloaded it as part of Typekit. Can House Industries legally require me to pay again for the use of the font? 

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the font was embedded in a logo either as a font in PDF (or EPS), outlined text, or rasterized in an image, you have no further obligations with regards to House Industries. You utilized the font per the license at the time and that license does not expire.

On the other hand, if you wish to create new content or edit the old content using this particular font, you will need to license it directly from House Industries. Adobe has no control over that. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of my students is using SignPainter HouseScript, which he activated using his Adobe CC account (I'm assuming before it was retired from Adobe Fonts). 

I was not able to activate this typeface on my Adobe Fonts, however; when the student emailed an Ai file using SignPainter, it displayed correctly and was listed in my Character Panel. 

So — if this font is retired, what makes it possible for it to display correctly when I open the file? Is it because he activated SignPainter before March 5th, 2020?

Thanks — Nancy5CCA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Illustrator as of december 2021 and was able to go in and select SignPainter HouseScript 2 to create a logo and when I sent it over to be used, my colleague said it would not open and cannot be used for commercial use. I am wondering how I was even able to select this font as an option through Adobe if it was discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Selina22502884zlx3,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks you like you've the font installed locally on your machine that's why it was visible in Adobe Illustrator.

Please check this link: https://houseind.com/hi/signpainter if your collegue would like to buy the license for this font.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines