• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small caps not activated

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have activate in Indesign  the font "Le Monde livre Classic" via Adobe fonts : all runs OK but the small caps are not activated. How can I do it ?

Thank you by forehand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Hi koenraadm,

Thank you for your reply, and my apologies for my misunderstanding. I've confirmed with our team that our version of Le Monde Livre Classic does not include the OpenType small caps in the font files. Adobe Fonts has the "Std" version of the font files, which include different OpenType features than the "Pro" version.

There's a comparision of what's included in each under the details tab on the foundry website:

https://typofonderie.com/fonts/le-monde-livre-classic-family/#details

The fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The small caps are included as OpenType features in the Le Monde Livre Classic font files. To use them in InDesign, click the three horizontal lines at the top of the character palette, then choose "small caps" from the flyout menu.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at PM-12.07.53.png

I hope that this helps,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you liz for your answer…

But the small caps who are displayed when I follow your way are not the special designed opentype small caps : they are a 70 % reduction of the great caps. In Indesign, when the font have special small caps in his glyphes, he take them when we use your way or when we click above on the icon Tt. Try for example with the Adobe Garamond Premier Pro, or the Warnock or the Arno Pro.

I buy 15 years ago the Le Monde Livre Classic in Type 1. It was complete with specific small caps in an appart font. Now with the Open type Le Monde Livre Classic, it should be include in the "regular" pack ; that seems not the case via the Adobe font import.

You can find the font here but it is expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi koenraadm,

Thank you for your reply, and my apologies for my misunderstanding. I've confirmed with our team that our version of Le Monde Livre Classic does not include the OpenType small caps in the font files. Adobe Fonts has the "Std" version of the font files, which include different OpenType features than the "Pro" version.

There's a comparision of what's included in each under the details tab on the foundry website:

https://typofonderie.com/fonts/le-monde-livre-classic-family/#details

The foundry has chosen not to offer the Pro version through Adobe at this time, unfortunately, so you would need to purchase it separately from them to use the small caps feature.

I am sorry that we couldn't be of more help, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tank you for you answer.

I shall follow with my old Type 1 font waiting Typofondrie opens his features.

Best regards,

Koenraad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines